Waldorf Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
What to Do after an On-the-Job Injury
Work-related and on-the-job injuries can cause you to suffer severe physical pain and financial losses. After a work injury, it can be difficult to know where to turn to obtain the honest answers and help that you and your family need. Let our Waldorf, Maryland workers’ compensation lawyers help you.
At the Farmer & Klopfer, our attorneys guide injured and disabled workers through these difficult times by helping them obtain workers’ compensation benefits. If your injury occurred on the job, our lawyers can help you file a Maryland workers’ compensation claim. It doesn’t matter whether you suffered a back injury, were in a work-related auto accident, or developed a repetitive stress injury (RSI), like carpal tunnel syndrome—if it happened at work, it should be covered under Maryland workers’ compensation laws.
Our lawyers serve the La Plata, Leonardtown, Waldorf, Bennsville, Lexington Park, Upper Marlboro, Bowie, Suitland, Bladensburg, Greenbelt, College Park, Lanham, Landover, Takoma Park, and Clinton, Maryland areas.
Standing Up for Injured Maryland Workers
What happens if you are injured so badly that you cannot work in Maryland? How will you pay your rent or mortgage? Who will you pay the medical bills? How will you put food on the table? These are just some of the questions that you may have as you face this difficult and uncertain time. Let our Waldorf workers’ compensation lawyers answer all of your questions and fight to get you the benefits you are entitled to.
Our team of workers’ comp attorneys routinely represent employees who suffer work-related injuries, including:
- Workplace slips, trips, and falls
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Electrocution and burn injuries
- Muscle strains and broken bones
- Work-related auto accidents
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Exposure to gas, toxic chemicals, and hazardous substances
Injured workers in Maryland are entitled to receive two-thirds of their average weekly wages and have their medical expenses paid. If you are having trouble recovering your rightful benefits, we can fight for you.
Your Legal Advocates after a Work Injury
Despite your injuries and valid claim to workers’ compensation benefits, your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company may do everything it can to avoid paying what you are entitled by law to receive. Our workers’ comp attorneys can stand up for your rights and fight to recover the maximum benefit amount to which you are entitled.
If you were receiving workers’ comp but the check wasn’t in the right amount or the benefits were wrongfully terminated, please contact our work injury attorneys to discuss your situation. We will deal with the bureaucracy so you can focus on healing.
If an on-the-job injury resulted in a permanent disability, our Waldorf workers’ compensation lawyers can negotiate a lump sum settlement of your workers’ comp claim.
When people are injured on the job or suffer from work-related illnesses, they are up against serious challenges. Injured workers worry not only about their medical bills but also about supporting themselves and their families when they must take time off work.
You have rights under Maryland’s workers’ compensation laws, and we will fight to protect them. Our workplace injury attorneys go to battle to get our clients and their families the workers’ compensation benefits they need and deserve.
Contact us online or call (301) 265-2220 to request a free consultation. You can also find answers to commonly asked workers' compensation questions here.
Begin Your Case with Us Leading the Way
Seeking legal recourse may not be your top priority after suffering an injury at work. However, it is in your best interest to consult with a skilled attorney immediately after your accident. Our team of Waldorf workers' compensation lawyers can work on your behalf and make sure that your legal rights are protected during this trying time. We can also fight to get you full, fair, and just compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, and lost wages.
Call us at (301) 265-2220 or contact us online for a free consultation.
The opinions that matter MostRead our 5-Star Reviews
Truly cared about my case and how the accident affected me.
“I have used James Farmer office for two accidents I have been in; both times they were exceptional.”
Nothing short of miraculous
“Mr. Farmer and his associates go the EXTRA mile for all their clients! It's nice to feel safe at the hands of your attorney and get a great outcome! Every experience I've personally had, as well as watched, has been nothing short of miraculous!! Farmer and staff are who you want on your side!!!”
Could not have asked for a better group of attorneys to handle our legal problem
We could not have asked for a better group of attorneys to handle our legal problem. James Farmer and Melvin Allen were very knowledgeable, confident and successful in handling our case. I will definitely be referring this Law Firm to others.”
A winning team of confident, knowledgeable and successful attorneys
“I am so pleased with the staff at the James F. Farmer firm. They are true professionals, ready and willing to fight on your behalf. When you retain their services, you are joining a winning team of confident, knowledgeable, and successful attorneys, like Mr. Melvin Allen, who helped me. Thank you!!!”
He got me the best possible sentencing I've could have asked for.
“I've had several lawyers over the last decade and James Farmer has been the absolute best.”
Maryland Workers’ Compensation Benefits
Maryland workers’ comp laws allow for various types of benefits and different forms of financial compensation when an employee or worker gets hurt on the job. These include:
- Temporary partial disability benefits: If you need to recuperate from a work injury but can still complete some light-duty work without risking further injury, then you could receive temporary partial disability benefits. Your benefits could pay half the difference of your after-injury wages compared to your pre-injury wages, assuming there is a decline.
- Temporary total disability benefits: If your work injury is so severe that you can’t work safely in any way, then you can be given temporary total disability benefits. You could be paid roughly 66% of your average pre-injury wages, beginning three days after the day your injury happened. If you can’t work at all for 14 days or more, then you can be reimbursed for those first three days of missed work, though.
- Scarring and disfigurement benefits: Additional financial benefits can be paid to injured workers who suffer an injury that causes visible scarring or disfigurements, such as facial scars or missing limbs.
- Specific loss benefits: If you lost the use of a specific body part in a work accident, then you can be given additional financial benefits called specific loss benefits. Different body parts have different “values” in a workers’ compensation claim. For example, losing a pinky finger would likely warrant lesser specific loss benefits compared to if you had lost eyesight in one eye.
- Lump sum payments: In many workers’ compensation claims that are initially contested, the claimant will be paid through a lump sum payment that gives all financial benefits at once, rather than waiting for them to be paid gradually. Our attorneys can help you understand if getting a lump sum payment would be the right choice for your case.
- Death and funeral benefits: Specific financial benefits can be paid to the family of a worker who passed away due to a work-related injury, such as payments for funerals and burials.
- Widow benefits: If a deceased worker has a surviving spouse, then “widow benefits” might be used to provide the surviving spouse a portion of the deceased worker’s average weekly wages for a certain amount of time.
work with the best
Committed to Improvement
We take pride in learning the latest strategies for maximizing damages, preparing our clients for trial & mounting an effective case.
A Record of Results
Our firm has won tens of millions of dollars in financial compensation for individuals & their families.
Renowned in Our FieldWe are well-regarded in the legal community & are even known & respected among insurance companies.
Fearless AdvocacyWe are not afraid to confront negligent medical professionals, hospitals, nursing homes or their insurance companies.
Valuable InsightWe know how to skillfully navigate government bureaucracies to help our clients obtain workers’ compensation benefits.