Waldorf Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
What to Do after an On-the-Job Injury
Work-related and on-the-job injuries can cause you to suffer severe physical pain and financial losses. After a work injury, it can be difficult to know where to turn to obtain the honest answers and help that you and your family need. Let our Waldorf, Maryland workers’ compensation lawyers help you.
At the Farmer & Klopfer, our attorneys guide injured and disabled workers through these difficult times by helping them obtain workers’ compensation benefits. If your injury occurred on the job, our lawyers can help you file a Maryland workers’ compensation claim. It doesn’t matter whether you suffered a back injury, were in a work-related auto accident, or developed a repetitive stress injury (RSI), like carpal tunnel syndrome—if it happened at work, it should be covered under Maryland workers’ compensation laws.
Our lawyers serve the La Plata, Leonardtown, Waldorf, Bennsville, Lexington Park, Upper Marlboro, Bowie, Suitland, Bladensburg, Greenbelt, College Park, Lanham, Landover, Takoma Park, and Clinton, Maryland areas.
Standing Up for Injured Maryland Workers
What happens if you are injured so badly that you cannot work in Maryland? How will you pay your rent or mortgage? Who will you pay the medical bills? How will you put food on the table? These are just some of the questions that you may have as you face this difficult and uncertain time. Let our Waldorf workers’ compensation lawyers answer all of your questions and fight to get you the benefits you are entitled to.
Our team of workers’ comp attorneys routinely represent employees who suffer work-related injuries, including:
- Workplace slips, trips, and falls
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Electrocution and burn injuries
- Muscle strains and broken bones
- Work-related auto accidents
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Exposure to gas, toxic chemicals, and hazardous substances
Injured workers in Maryland are entitled to receive two-thirds of their average weekly wages and have their medical expenses paid. If you are having trouble recovering your rightful benefits, we can fight for you.
Your Legal Advocates after a Work Injury
Despite your injuries and valid claim to workers’ compensation benefits, your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company may do everything it can to avoid paying what you are entitled by law to receive. Our workers’ comp attorneys can stand up for your rights and fight to recover the maximum benefit amount to which you are entitled.
If you were receiving workers’ comp but the check wasn’t in the right amount or the benefits were wrongfully terminated, please contact our work injury attorneys to discuss your situation. We will deal with the bureaucracy so you can focus on healing.
If an on-the-job injury resulted in a permanent disability, our Waldorf workers’ compensation lawyers can negotiate a lump sum settlement of your workers’ comp claim.
When people are injured on the job or suffer from work-related illnesses, they are up against serious challenges. Injured workers worry not only about their medical bills but also about supporting themselves and their families when they must take time off work.
You have rights under Maryland’s workers’ compensation laws, and we will fight to protect them. Our workplace injury attorneys go to battle to get our clients and their families the workers’ compensation benefits they need and deserve.
Seeking legal recourse may not be your top priority after suffering an injury at work. However, it is in your best interest to consult with a skilled attorney immediately after your accident. Our team of Waldorf workers' compensation lawyers can work on your behalf and make sure that your legal rights are protected during this trying time. We can also fight to get you full, fair, and just compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, and lost wages.
The staff at the office was very friendly and professional.
“I would highly recommend this attorney to anyone who is in need of an attorney.”
He got me the best possible sentencing I've could have asked for.
“I've had several lawyers over the last decade and James Farmer has been the absolute best.”
A family member was in a bad situation and they resolved it with ZERO drama.
“Don’t mess around when it’s your money on the line. Go with these guys if you want excellent, competent attorneys.”
He will fight for you and do whatever he can to help you
“Mr. James Farmer is a very intelligent and skilled lawyer that knows what he is doing and will go out of his way to help. I am very thankful to have had him as my attorney!! I was facing some very serious charges and with Mr. Farmers unbelievable skills, I was found not guilty on all charges. I would highly recommend Mr. Farmer to anyone who needs legal help. I cannot stress enough that he will fight for you and do whatever he can to help you. Thanks, Mr. James Farmer for all that you have done for me!! I also want to thank Patrick, Gary and his staff for their hard work, kindness, and professionalism.”
Thorough and attentive to my case from the beginning
“From the initial consultation, I knew I needed James Farmer and his team on my side. He was thorough and attentive to my case from the beginning, prior to even hiring his firm. Once I officially hired his firm, he and his colleague Mr. Melvin Allen moved to strategically place me in the best position possible. They supported me throughout the process by making sure I understood what was happening and I felt extremely grateful to have them on my side! Long story short, my case was successfully completed with a favorable outcome! An outcome I couldn’t even imagine was possible but Mr. Allen’s expertise, strategy, and courtroom presence made it all possible! My wife and I are forever grateful and will always look to this firm on any future needs and you should, too!”
Maryland workers’ comp laws allow for various types of benefits and different forms of financial compensation when an employee or worker gets hurt on the job. These include:
- Temporary partial disability benefits: If you need to recuperate from a work injury but can still complete some light-duty work without risking further injury, then you could receive temporary partial disability benefits. Your benefits could pay half the difference of your after-injury wages compared to your pre-injury wages, assuming there is a decline.
- Temporary total disability benefits: If your work injury is so severe that you can’t work safely in any way, then you can be given temporary total disability benefits. You could be paid roughly 66% of your average pre-injury wages, beginning three days after the day your injury happened. If you can’t work at all for 14 days or more, then you can be reimbursed for those first three days of missed work, though.
- Scarring and disfigurement benefits: Additional financial benefits can be paid to injured workers who suffer an injury that causes visible scarring or disfigurements, such as facial scars or missing limbs.
- Specific loss benefits: If you lost the use of a specific body part in a work accident, then you can be given additional financial benefits called specific loss benefits. Different body parts have different “values” in a workers’ compensation claim. For example, losing a pinky finger would likely warrant lesser specific loss benefits compared to if you had lost eyesight in one eye.
- Lump sum payments: In many workers’ compensation claims that are initially contested, the claimant will be paid through a lump sum payment that gives all financial benefits at once, rather than waiting for them to be paid gradually. Our attorneys can help you understand if getting a lump sum payment would be the right choice for your case.
- Death and funeral benefits: Specific financial benefits can be paid to the family of a worker who passed away due to a work-related injury, such as payments for funerals and burials.
- Widow benefits: If a deceased worker has a surviving spouse, then “widow benefits” might be used to provide the surviving spouse a portion of the deceased worker’s average weekly wages for a certain amount of time.
Committed to Improvement
We take pride in learning the latest strategies for maximizing damages, preparing our clients for trial & mounting an effective case.
A Record of Results
Our firm has won tens of millions of dollars in financial compensation for individuals & their families.
Renowned in Our FieldWe are well-regarded in the legal community & are even known & respected among insurance companies.
Fearless AdvocacyWe are not afraid to confront negligent medical professionals, hospitals, nursing homes or their insurance companies.
Valuable InsightWe know how to skillfully navigate government bureaucracies to help our clients obtain workers’ compensation benefits.