Train Accident Attorneys in Waldorf
Serving Maryland & Washington, DC
Were you injured in a train accident as a passenger or a motorist struck by the train? Did you lose a loved one in a catastrophic train wreck in Maryland? You have legal options to seek compensation and closure. Let the Law Office of James E. Farmer, LLC guide you through the process of filing a personal injury or wrongful death claim.
Ever since we opened our doors in 1978, our law firm has handled all sorts of difficult injury claims for people in our communities, including train accident cases that other law firms turn away due to their complexity. When we are working with a client, we are known for our attention to detail and genuine compassion. When we are dealing with an insurance company, though, we switch gears and become legal fighters famous for our aggression in and out of court. You deserve a legal team that takes your case to heart, and that’s exactly what we do when you hire us.
Let’s start swinging away at your train accident claim. Call us at (301) 265-2220 now.
Train Derailments & Vehicle Collisions
There are two common reasons for train accident claims:
- Derailments: When a passenger train derails, it can cause catastrophic injuries to everyone aboard. It is not uncommon for survivors to suffer from back, neck, and head injuries, which may result in permanent complications like a traumatic brain injury (TBI) or paralysis. As a passenger on a train, you have the right to assume it will reach its destination without danger. If it derails due to the conductor causing the train to speed or poor track maintenance, then you can file a claim for compensation against the train company and/or the railway group responsible for the damaged part of the track.
- Vehicle collisions: Were you driving your vehicle when you were hit by a train without warning? Let us file a lawsuit against the liable parties and on your behalf. All railroad crossings should have warning gates that prevent you from getting too close to the tracks when a train is approaching. Defects in the gate could cause it to fail, though, and not warn you. There are also some rare situations in which an approaching train has the responsibility of activating the warning gates, which means liability could be placed on the train company if the train strikes a motorist.
Inadequate Train Security
We are a personal injury law firm capable of handling all sorts of claims against railway companies, including inadequate security claims. Trains owe their passengers reasonable security accommodations to protect them from bad actors. If you were assaulted while riding a passenger train, then you can demand compensation from the train company, much like you would use a premises liability claim if you were attacked while visiting a retail store or other commercial property.
Wrongful Death Claims After Fatal Train Wrecks
Losing a loved one in a train wreck is devastating. While you take time to grieve, allow our Waldorf train accident lawyers to work on a wrongful death claim for you. Waiting too long can invalidate your chances of filing a claim and collecting fair compensation. Maryland has only a three-year statute of limitations on wrongful death claims, and time can pass shockingly quickly when you are focusing on grief and emotional recovery.
As your train accident wrongful death attorneys, we can seek damages to help pay for:
- Deceased’s final medical expenses
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of support and companionship
- Loss of household and daily services
- Loss of income the deceased would have earned in life
Train Tickets Often Deter Injury Claimants
After purchasing a train ticket as a passenger, you might not have noticed that there is usually a block of fine print on the back of the ticket or at the bottom of the webpage if you made your purchase digitally. Hidden within this fine print might be legal language that says you waive the right to bring a personal injury lawsuit against the ticket provider and parent companies if you are in a train accident. Instead, you will be forced into arbitration behind closed doors, which often gives an advantage to the liable party by increasing their negotiation power.
Before you agree to confidential arbitration, allow our attorneys to review your train ticket. Overly broad waivers are used commonly by companies and corporations to deter injury claimants from suing them, but they are not foolproof. Even forced arbitration clauses that appear legally sound are sometimes successfully challenged in court and overruled by a judge. Let us help you decide what route you should take to pursue your train accident claim, whether it is arbitration, settlement mediation, or litigation.
Award-Winning Attorneys are Waiting to Help
Whenever you are ready to start your train accident case in Waldorf, our team from the Law Office of James E. Farmer, LLC will be ready, too. We take pride in making injury claims easier for our clients by handling all the legwork and heavy lifting for them. There’s no need to get weighed down by all of the legal details and complications when you can put our award-winning legal team to work for you.
Get a no-cost, no-obligation consultationby dialing (301) 265-2220!
Hopkins v. Abell, Jr. $1.25 Million
James vs. Hernandez $1 million
Farrell v. Erie Insurance Company $706,000
Johnson v. Bean $585,000
Harris v. Jenkins $500,000
Garnett v. J.D.W. Associates $475,000
Workers' Compensation $450,000.00
Carrie Howell vs. Allstate Insurance Company $435,814
Owen v. Miller $379,975
Binley v. Payne $375,000
Committed to Improvement
We take pride in learning the latest strategies for maximizing damages, preparing our clients for trial & mounting an effective case.
A Record of Results
Our firm has won tens of millions of dollars in financial compensation for individuals & their families.
Renowned in Our Field
We are well-regarded in the legal community & are even known & respected among insurance companies.
We are not afraid to confront negligent medical professionals, hospitals, nursing homes or their insurance companies.
We know how to skillfully navigate government bureaucracies to help our clients obtain workers’ compensation benefits.