Waldorf Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Tens of Millions of Dollars Recovered Since 1978
Today, many hospitals and nursing homes seem to be more focused on their bottom lines than on healing the injured and caring for the sick and vulnerable. When the emphasis is on cutting costs and maximizing profits, errors and oversights are bound to happen.
Have you or a loved one been affected by a doctor’s error, a hospital’s oversight, or a caregiver’s negligence? Has a loved one been the victim of abuse, injury, neglect, or death in a Maryland nursing home? At Farmer & Klopfer, our Waldorf medical malpractice lawyers take an aggressive approach to medical malpractice and nursing home injury claims. We fight tirelessly to obtain results, justice, and compensation for our clients. Since 1978, our firm has filed lawsuits against some of the largest medical providers and insurance companies and their armies of attorneys—and won.
On This Page:
- Medical Malpractice Cases We Handle
- How Do You Find a Medical Malpractice Attorney?
- No Recovery Until We Win
- Frequently Asked Questions About Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice Cases We Handle
Whether you or a loved one was injured due to the errors of a doctor, nurse, or another member of a hospital or nursing home staff, you can count on us to fight for your rights and work diligently to help you receive the full amount of financial compensation to which you are entitled.
The Waldorf medical malpractice attorneys on our staff represent clients who have suffered injury, harm, and loss due to:
- Misdiagnosis: Cancer, stroke, heart attack, infection, etc.
- Nursing home neglect: Bedsores, dehydration, falls, malnourishment
- Nursing home abuse: Physical and sexual assault, overmedicating, use of restraints
- Medication errors: Incorrect medication, wrong dosage, overdose
- Surgical errors: Wrong-site surgery, foreign instrument, artery, and nerve damage
- Birth injuries: Failure to monitor, delayed C-section, hypoxia
- Diagnostic errors: Misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, and delayed diagnosis
- Anesthesia errors: Wrong medication, too much anesthesia, failure to monitor
- Medication mistakes: Incorrect medications, incorrect dosage, medication theft
When the very people who are supposed to help and heal instead injure and harm, those who are adversely affected deserve answers and compensation for the physical pain and financial losses they suffer.
How do you find a medical malpractice attorney?
Finding the right medical malpractice attorney for your case can be daunting. To help get you started, here are the top qualities you should look for when deciding who you want to represent you:
- A history of success - You want someone who has handled other medical malpractice cases (successfully) in the past and has made meaningful recoveries for past clients.
- A medical background or resources - Due the complex nature of medical malpractice claims, you will want to ensure your attorney either has a medical background themselves, or that they have access to medical experts who can help build and support your case.
- Someone who puts your interests first - Sometimes going to trial is in your best interest, and other times it may be in your best interest to settle outside of court. It's imperative that you and your medical malpractice lawyer are on the same page about what your priorities are and are willing to make decisions based on what's best for you.
No Recovery Until We Win
Since 1978, Farmer & Klopfer has dedicated its practice to protecting the rights of Maryland residents. Our personal injury lawyers have decades of combined legal experience, and we put this to work on behalf of our clients.
Put simply, we know how to get results. We have won tens of millions of dollars for injury victims and their loved ones, and we can help you.
If you think you or a loved one might have a medical malpractice case or a nursing home negligence claim, contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation. We can sit down with you at our law office in Waldorf or at a hospital or another location to discuss your options. If we take your case, we will do so on a contingency basis. This means we will not charge you any lawyer’s fees unless we win compensation for you.
Keeps in touch with you throughout the whole process, and even after your case is over with
I just recently had James E. Farmer handle my second DUI and I received the best possible outcome I could've wished for. The judge I had could've really laid down the hammer on me but James worked his magic and did an incredible job. He knows what he is talking about and is very humble. He keeps in touch with you throughout the whole process, and even after your case is over with, and he explains everything so you know exactly what is going on. This is my first time hiring James and without a doubt, I would hire him again. He would be the first person I'd call if another legal problem should ever rise-- though I've made a promise to myself to stay away from the law as much as possible. He will be highly recommended to anyone that asks me if I know a great lawyer.”
We received a great outcome and my family was 100% pleased
“Attorney Farmer helped me and my family through a domestic situation which turned out to be great. His expertise, presentation, and professionalism all worked together and we received a great outcome and my family was 100% pleased. I would highly recommend!”
Could not have asked for a better group of attorneys to handle our legal problem
We could not have asked for a better group of attorneys to handle our legal problem. James Farmer and Melvin Allen were very knowledgeable, confident and successful in handling our case. I will definitely be referring this Law Firm to others.”
Thank you, Mr. Farmer, and may God bless you in your future endeavors.
“You and your team have given my family our son back. No amount can adequately compensate for that gift! I can only hope our heart-felt thank-you and 'God bless you' will somehow offset the imbalance.”
Thorough and attentive to my case from the beginning
“From the initial consultation, I knew I needed James Farmer and his team on my side. He was thorough and attentive to my case from the beginning, prior to even hiring his firm. Once I officially hired his firm, he and his colleague Mr. Melvin Allen moved to strategically place me in the best position possible. They supported me throughout the process by making sure I understood what was happening and I felt extremely grateful to have them on my side! Long story short, my case was successfully completed with a favorable outcome! An outcome I couldn’t even imagine was possible but Mr. Allen’s expertise, strategy, and courtroom presence made it all possible! My wife and I are forever grateful and will always look to this firm on any future needs and you should, too!”
Committed to Improvement
We take pride in learning the latest strategies for maximizing damages, preparing our clients for trial & mounting an effective case.
A Record of Results
Our firm has won tens of millions of dollars in financial compensation for individuals & their families.
Renowned in Our FieldWe are well-regarded in the legal community & are even known & respected among insurance companies.
Fearless AdvocacyWe are not afraid to confront negligent medical professionals, hospitals, nursing homes or their insurance companies.
Valuable InsightWe know how to skillfully navigate government bureaucracies to help our clients obtain workers’ compensation benefits.