Waldorf Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Tens of Millions of Dollars Recovered Since 1978
Today, many hospitals and nursing homes seem to be more focused on their bottom lines than on healing the injured and caring for the sick and vulnerable. When the emphasis is on cutting costs and maximizing profits, errors and oversights are bound to happen.
Have you or a loved one been affected by a doctor’s error, a hospital’s oversight, or a caregiver’s negligence? Has a loved one been the victim of abuse, injury, neglect, or death in a Maryland nursing home? At Farmer & Klopfer, our Waldorf medical malpractice lawyers take an aggressive approach to medical malpractice and nursing home injury claims. We fight tirelessly to obtain results, justice, and compensation for our clients. Since 1978, our firm has filed lawsuits against some of the largest medical providers and insurance companies and their armies of attorneys—and won.
On This Page:
- Medical Malpractice Cases We Handle
- How Do You Find a Medical Malpractice Attorney?
- No Recovery Until We Win
- Frequently Asked Questions About Medical Malpractice
Contact our firm today for a free consultation; call (301) 265-2220 to get started.
Medical malpractice Cases We Handle
Whether you or a loved one was injured due to the errors of a doctor, nurse, or another member of a hospital or nursing home staff, you can count on us to fight for your rights and work diligently to help you receive the full amount of financial compensation to which you are entitled.
The Waldorf medical malpractice attorneys on our staff represent clients who have suffered injury, harm, and loss due to:
- Misdiagnosis: Cancer, stroke, heart attack, infection, etc.
- Nursing home neglect: Bedsores, dehydration, falls, malnourishment
- Nursing home abuse: Physical and sexual assault, overmedicating, use of restraints
- Medication errors: Incorrect medication, wrong dosage, overdose
- Surgical errors: Wrong-site surgery, foreign instrument, artery, and nerve damage
- Birth injuries: Failure to monitor, delayed C-section, hypoxia
- Diagnostic errors: Misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, and delayed diagnosis
- Anesthesia errors: Wrong medication, too much anesthesia, failure to monitor
- Medication mistakes: Incorrect medications, incorrect dosage, medication theft
When the very people who are supposed to help and heal instead injure and harm, those who are adversely affected deserve answers and compensation for the physical pain and financial losses they suffer.
How do you find a medical malpractice attorney?
Finding the right medical malpractice attorney for your case can be daunting. To help get you started, here are the top qualities you should look for when deciding who you want to represent you:
- A history of success - You want someone who has handled other medical malpractice cases (successfully) in the past and has made meaningful recoveries for past clients.
- A medical background or resources - Due the complex nature of medical malpractice claims, you will want to ensure your attorney either has a medical background themselves, or that they have access to medical experts who can help build and support your case.
- Someone who puts your interests first - Sometimes going to trial is in your best interest, and other times it may be in your best interest to settle outside of court. It's imperative that you and your medical malpractice lawyer are on the same page about what your priorities are and are willing to make decisions based on what's best for you.
No Recovery Until We Win
Since 1978, Farmer & Klopfer has dedicated its practice to protecting the rights of Maryland residents. Our personal injury lawyers have decades of combined legal experience, and we put this to work on behalf of our clients.
Put simply, we know how to get results. We have won tens of millions of dollars for injury victims and their loved ones, and we can help you.
If you think you or a loved one might have a medical malpractice case or a nursing home negligence claim, contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation. We can sit down with you at our law office in Waldorf or at a hospital or another location to discuss your options. If we take your case, we will do so on a contingency basis. This means we will not charge you any lawyer’s fees unless we win compensation for you.
Call us at (301) 265-2220 or contact us online today.
The opinions that matter MostRead our 5-Star Reviews
Kind, sympathetic, reassuring and more importantly, very knowledgeable
“I couldn’t be happier with the service I received from this law firm. I felt comfortable from the minute I first walked through the door. I had less than two weeks before the expiration of my personal injury filing date and was overwhelmed. My first appointment was with Elizabeth who took my huge stack of papers with a smile and said, “Let me take care of this for you.” Although all of the staff that I encountered were wonderful, my main experience was with Mr. Farmer and Elizabeth who were both kind, sympathetic, reassuring and more importantly, very knowledgeable. My case was handled professionally and in a timely fashion. My case was recently concluded and I am very happy with the outcome and would not hesitate to use them again or recommend them to my friends and family in the future. Need a good law firm, no need to look further.”
He will fight for you and do whatever he can to help you
“Mr. James Farmer is a very intelligent and skilled lawyer that knows what he is doing and will go out of his way to help. I am very thankful to have had him as my attorney!! I was facing some very serious charges and with Mr. Farmers unbelievable skills, I was found not guilty on all charges. I would highly recommend Mr. Farmer to anyone who needs legal help. I cannot stress enough that he will fight for you and do whatever he can to help you. Thanks, Mr. James Farmer for all that you have done for me!! I also want to thank Patrick, Gary and his staff for their hard work, kindness, and professionalism.”
Could not have asked for a better group of attorneys to handle our legal problem
We could not have asked for a better group of attorneys to handle our legal problem. James Farmer and Melvin Allen were very knowledgeable, confident and successful in handling our case. I will definitely be referring this Law Firm to others.”
A family member was in a bad situation and they resolved it with ZERO drama.
“Don’t mess around when it’s your money on the line. Go with these guys if you want excellent, competent attorneys.”
We received a great outcome and my family was 100% pleased
“Attorney Farmer helped me and my family through a domestic situation which turned out to be great. His expertise, presentation, and professionalism all worked together and we received a great outcome and my family was 100% pleased. I would highly recommend!”
work with the best
Committed to Improvement
We take pride in learning the latest strategies for maximizing damages, preparing our clients for trial & mounting an effective case.
A Record of Results
Our firm has won tens of millions of dollars in financial compensation for individuals & their families.
Renowned in Our FieldWe are well-regarded in the legal community & are even known & respected among insurance companies.
Fearless AdvocacyWe are not afraid to confront negligent medical professionals, hospitals, nursing homes or their insurance companies.
Valuable InsightWe know how to skillfully navigate government bureaucracies to help our clients obtain workers’ compensation benefits.