Waldorf Catastrophic Injury Lawyers
Aggressive Representation for the Severely Injured
A catastrophic injury is an injury that can immediately and/or permanently prevent the victim from returning to their normal day-to-day life due to a new physical or mental disability. With catastrophic injuries being as severe as they are, you would assume that insurance companies would take claims involving them seriously.
Yet, time after time, insurers try to find ways to deny, delay, or undervalue catastrophic injury claims to protect their own profit margins.
If you have been catastrophically injured, and you let insurance companies manage your case how they want, then you could be stuck in financial distress due to:
- Piling medical bills
- Lost wages
- Immense pain and suffering
- And other damages
What Is Considered Catastrophic Injury?
The decision to label an injury as catastrophic is typically one that is left to the victim’s medical providers, who will have the best idea about whether or not the patient’s injuries are expected to heal or if they can regain lost mobility or cognitive functions.
Although it might only seem like a way to define an injury, noting that an injury is “catastrophic” in medical records can be significant for the victim’s catastrophic injury claim later on. An insurance adjuster will have a more difficult time refuting a claim and its value if a medical professional has noted that the claimant’s injuries are catastrophic.
This labeling will also help our Waldorf catastrophic injury attorneys better calculate a fair amount of noneconomic damages.
Why Should You Choose Farmer & Klopfer?
Our legal team is well-versed in all aspects of personal injury law, including:
- Liability laws
- Damage calculations
- Evidence use and review
- Litigation preparation
- And much more
Your search for a reliable and compassionate catastrophic injury attorney is over now that you’re here.
What Are Some Examples of Catastrophic Injury?
A broad range of injuries can be considered catastrophic, such as:
- Amputations: The loss of a limb, foot, hand, or digit will immediately and permanently change the victim’s life.
- Back injuries: Moderate to severe back injuries can cause a drastic change in the victim’s mobility, as well as day-to-day enjoyment as chronic pain weighs down on them.
- Brain injuries: A slight brain injury can be enough to cause unpredictable symptoms, ranging from speech impediments and learning difficulties to memory loss and lost motor control.
- Burn injuries: Open flames, explosions, chemicals, and electrical sources can all cause severe burn injuries.
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS): CRPS is a form of chronic pain that usually occurs after surgery or a heart-related complication like a stroke.
- Head injuries: Severe head injuries are often the source of concussions, which are a common form of brain injury.
- Neck injuries: Whiplash is among the most common types of neck injuries. It can start as a slight ache but worsen into full neck debilitation.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): Reliving the moment of an accident or being triggered by certain objects related to an accident are clear signs of PTSD.
- Soft tissue injuries: Nerves, tendons, ligaments, muscles, and organs are all forms of soft tissues, which can be badly injured in even “mild” accidents.
- Spinal cord injuries: The spinal cord is a bundle of nerves that runs up the spine. If it is damaged, then paralysis is likely to follow.
Catastrophic injury survivors often require extensive and ongoing medical attention, such as:
- Multiple surgeries
- Hospital stays
- Rehabilitative therapies
- And in-home care
The overall lifetime cost of a catastrophic injury can easily exceed millions of dollars when only considering economic damage. Once noneconomic damages are factored into a catastrophic injury claim, the total amount can be even greater.
Noneconomic damages in a catastrophic injury claim might include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Lessened enjoyment of life
- Shortened life expectancy
Insurance companies often focus on challenging noneconomic damages because they are not linked clearly to a tangible cost, like a hospital bill or missing paycheck.
Instead, they are calculated based on what is considered to be a fair representation of the claimant’s hardships translated to a dollar amount. We are ready to stand up for your rights to maximized compensation by proving the extent of your injuries and refuting any insurance company counterarguments.
Serious Representation in Your Hometown
If you or your loved one was seriously injured due to someone else’s careless or reckless actions, you shouldn’t have to shoulder the financial, physical, and emotional consequences of the accident on your own. Our Waldorf catastrophic injury attorneys can help you fight for the full, fair compensation you are owed!
A family member was in a bad situation and they resolved it with ZERO drama.
“Don’t mess around when it’s your money on the line. Go with these guys if you want excellent, competent attorneys.”
The staff at the office was very friendly and professional.
“I would highly recommend this attorney to anyone who is in need of an attorney.”
Nothing short of miraculous
“Mr. Farmer and his associates go the EXTRA mile for all their clients! It's nice to feel safe at the hands of your attorney and get a great outcome! Every experience I've personally had, as well as watched, has been nothing short of miraculous!! Farmer and staff are who you want on your side!!!”
A wise choice for anyone pursuing legal justice and/or a defense
Mr. Farmer and his team were impressive through their work effort and detailed approach in every phase the Civil Court Personal Injury case. They also were responsive to any questions/concerns, supportive and communicated well through out the process. In the end, a satisfactory settlement was achieved. Mr. Farmer would be a wise choice for anyone pursuing legal justice and/or a defense.”
Thorough and attentive to my case from the beginning
“From the initial consultation, I knew I needed James Farmer and his team on my side. He was thorough and attentive to my case from the beginning, prior to even hiring his firm. Once I officially hired his firm, he and his colleague Mr. Melvin Allen moved to strategically place me in the best position possible. They supported me throughout the process by making sure I understood what was happening and I felt extremely grateful to have them on my side! Long story short, my case was successfully completed with a favorable outcome! An outcome I couldn’t even imagine was possible but Mr. Allen’s expertise, strategy, and courtroom presence made it all possible! My wife and I are forever grateful and will always look to this firm on any future needs and you should, too!”
Committed to Improvement
We take pride in learning the latest strategies for maximizing damages, preparing our clients for trial & mounting an effective case.
A Record of Results
Our firm has won tens of millions of dollars in financial compensation for individuals & their families.
Renowned in Our FieldWe are well-regarded in the legal community & are even known & respected among insurance companies.
Fearless AdvocacyWe are not afraid to confront negligent medical professionals, hospitals, nursing homes or their insurance companies.
Valuable InsightWe know how to skillfully navigate government bureaucracies to help our clients obtain workers’ compensation benefits.