Upper Marlboro Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Work Injury Attorneys in Prince George’s County
No one cares about the working class more than our Upper Marlboro workers’ compensation attorneys from the Law Office of James E. Farmer, LLC. When we hear that someone has been injured at work, we hope they get the workers’ compensation benefits they need right away. But, if they don’t for any reason, then we’ll be ready to step in and fight the insurer or employer as needed. Our team also has the know-how and insight required to manage workers’ compensation claims from the start, so you can count on us, even if your claim hasn’t been filed yet.
We help people from all industries and backgrounds, such as:
- Law enforcement
- Emergency response
- Medical care
It is really this simple: If you get hurt while working in Upper Marlboro, we can help you seek workers’ compensation benefits. For more questions and information, call (301) 265-2220 and ask for a free initial consultation.
Different Types of Work Injury Cases
Every workplace can be the site of a work accident. Whether you work in an office, a construction site, a kitchen, or even your own home, accidents can happen, oftentimes without warning. What’s important is that you are backed up by workers’ compensation benefits if they do.
We can help clients who have suffered from all sorts of workplace injuries and incidents, such as:
- Back injuries
- Head injuries
- Repetitive strain injuries (RSI)
- Burn injuries
- Electrocution injuries
- Occupational illnesses
- Unsafe chemical exposure
- Work-related auto accidents
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you need help regarding if you get workers’ compensation because your injury is unusual. Sometimes, employers will misinform their workers and say that their injury doesn’t qualify for workers’ comp. Don’t take their word for it! Call (301) 265-2220 and we’ll see if they are right or if they were being insincere to protect their profits from higher insurance premiums.
Benefits You Might Be Owed
As an injured worker, you might collect these workers’ comp benefits and more:
- No-cost medical treatments: 100% of the medical treatments needed to cure or alleviate your injury after a work-related accident should be covered through workers’ compensation. Even small fees like co-pays and the gas money you spent to get to an appointment should be covered.
- Disability pay if you can’t return to work: If you are too injured to return to work within a few days or a week, then you might be eligible for disability pay. Usually, you can earn roughly 67% of your average weekly pre-injury wages until you can work again.
- Vocational rehabilitation: You might be provided free training, certification, and education courses to learn how to begin a new career that accommodates your injuries and disabilities. This is true even if your new job is in an entirely different company or industry.
Do You Get Benefits If You Caused the Accident?
What happens if you caused your workplace accident? Does that mean you don’t get any benefits because you messed up? No! Don’t let your employer or an insurer tell you this, either.
Workers’ compensation is a no-fault insurance system. It doesn’t factor in liability, so you don’t lose your benefits even if you are 100% liable for what happened. The only exceptions are if you intentionally tried to get hurt or engaged in an egregiously dangerous action against your employer’s wishes or instructions.
Call (301) 265-2220 Right Now – We’re Here to Help
The longer you wait to seek workers’ compensation benefits, the more difficult it can become to get them. You might even have as little as 30 days after your workplace accident or injury to report it to your employer. This time will fly by quickly, so don’t hesitate to contact our team of Upper Marlboro workers’ compensation lawyers.
The Law Office of James E. Farmer, LLC fights for everyone in our communities! Call (301) 265-2220.