Email MeJames E. Farmer
Mr. Farmer received a JD from the University of Baltimore School of Law and a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. During his undergraduate program, he studied abroad at the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom. Mr. Farmer graduated law school a semester early and, as part of his legal education, excelled in the Comparative Law program at the University of Aberdeen in Scotland.
He has also completed a comprehensive training course in mediation training and earned a mediation certificate. In 2014, he was named to Maryland's Outstanding Young Lawyers, and he was recognized as a Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers in 2012 through 2014. In 2013, the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys (NAOPIA) honored Mr. Farmer as a Nationally Ranked Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney under the age of 40. He was selected to the 2014 and 2015 “Maryland Rising Stars” list by Super Lawyers Magazine, which comes as a result of an intensive selection process requiring third-party validation of accomplishments and trail results.
He has also headlined “Southern Maryland Women's Magazine.” The Charles County Bar Association honored Mr. Farmer in December 2013 with an award for his service to the legal community, recognizing his “Exemplification of the Values of Personal Integrity, Competence and Civility.” The award was based on his legal work and specifically his pro-bono volunteer work with multiple organizations, to include the Family Recovery Court Program.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Drug Crimes, DUI/DWI, Traffic violations and Sex Crimes
- Personal Injury
- Workers Compensation
- Aberdeen University School of Law, Aberdeen, Scotland
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Study Abroad
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
- Political Science
- Honors: Dean's List
Honors and Awards
- Completed comprehensive training course of Mediation Training pursuant to MD Rule 17-106
- Awarded "Mediation Certificate"
- National Trial Lawyers -- Top 40 Under 40
- Headlined in Southern Maryland Women's Magazine
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys -- Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney under the age of 40
- Super Lawyers Magazine -- Rising Star